.

.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jesús vive!


I write this resisting feelings of both envy and sadness. Every picture posted on the internet  today was of people in their beautiful new clothes going to church with their loved ones. I am Missing the beautiful voices in a big American church building, and a sermon that I can fully understand (specifically daddy’s). I am missing my mama’s wonderful roast beef, home made rolls, and all that comes with it. I am missing my little sister waking me up because it is time to see what the Easter bunny brought us and seeing my brother act like it's lame (when he is actually really excited too). In 23 years, this is the first Easter I have spent away from my family. But as I start to think about the meaning of Easter, it makes me appreciate, even more, that I am here. This is WHY I am here. It has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with Him. I may not be with my blood line family right now, but I am with my brothers and sisters. My brothers and sisters who I need right now, as much as they need me. God placed me here for a special purpose and I could not be in a better place to celebrate that Jesus died, and three days later HE ROSE AGAIN. Not for me, not for you, but for US. Every single one of us, sins and all. What a blessing it has been to worship with my Nicaraguan family today. Thank you God, for the opportunity to share with the most beautiful faces, hearts, and lives today about what it means for US that JESUS LIVES.

We are thankful that you gave your one only Son to die for us

 When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
Luke 24: 50-53
This is what it is all about.

No comments: