.

.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy love week!

We have a big week coming up.

Tomorrow is 14 de Febrero (throwing in some practice). It is Valentines Day.. The day of love. The day of heart shaped candy, chocolate, and kind, mushy-gushy words. In the past, this has not been a day I particularly look forward to but this year is different. This year, I get to spend the day with sweet children who need love. Children who might not know the unconditional love of Jesus Christ or the meaning of unconditional love at all. Tomorrow is another day I plan to draw closer to God and to his children. We will be working on Valentine's tonight for all the children in the village around us. Can’t wait to be with all my Valentine's.

Shout out to the best brother in the world. Happy birthday Valentine's baby! Since I can’t be with my brother on his birthday for the first time in 21 years, I expect all my Campbell Street family to give him lots of hugs for me on Wednesday.

Tomorrow also marks the last day Kim and I will be painting. Thank goodness for this, my wrist was soon to fall off (dramatic moment).

Tomorrow ALSO marks (tomorrow is a big day) our two-week mark of Language school, which means no más Inglés en la clase de espanol. It is very possible I will start throwing things. Patience is still a virtue I struggle with.

Tuesday is the first day of school. PRAISE. I can’t wait to see all those sweet little babies. Over 200 hugs that I can’t wait to receive. What a great day it will be.

Thursday marks my one-month of Nicaragua happiness. Thankful for all the love I have received this month and for all the people who have reminded me of why I am here and what a great God we serve.
March is also coming up.. Which means LOTS of English speaking visitors. This subject brings me to a confession, this morning at church, I was saying my communion prayer and it literally started like this “Muchas gracias por mi familia y mi amigos y…. When I started going blank I then realized that I have now become a spanglish and giggled during the Lord’s Supper. I like to think God also found humor in this. 


Lindsey Morse is coming to see me March 4th. She will be my first visitor! Thank you Lin for sacrificing your camera money to come see me and the babies. We can't wait to see you! 

Last week I took a long walk on the beach and guess what I found? A volleyball net at a beautiful spot on the beach, next to a surf school. I know where I will be spending my Saturday mornings. Anybody want to come play? ☺

Last Thursday we went to visit Norbin’s family. It was a very hard day, listening to how much she loved her little 7 year old. She cried, we cried. She told us that she could tell he was not doing well the week before he passed but that the whole time he kept saying “Mama, have you registered me for school yet? I can’t wait to be back at school, Mama!” He had 4 siblings all over the age of 16. They were standing in the door way crying as their mother told us about her little boy. My heart breaks for this family but I am so thankful that he no longer has any pain and he is smiling with his Savior. I am so glad that he had the opportunity to go to Nicaragua Christian School and to know about Jesus. I am thankful for the families who help this school and make it possible.

Thankful for the sunshine, for smiles, and for laughter.



Some pretty faces from a fence over




:)Little boy from church


A picture of Norbin and his sweet mother.

On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel:“Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.” So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,as it is written in the Book of Jashar.  THE SUN STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SKY AND DELAYED GOING DOWN ABOUT A FULL DAY. Joshua 10: 12-13 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your work. The children are beautiful. Hope you had a great Valentine Day delivering Valentines!