.

.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

In Your presence there forever we'll be happy to reside..

Mi corazon esta en Nicaragua. 

It is official. I have been here for a month and a day. And let me be honest, I thought that this milestone would be really hard for me. But God has completely wrapped me in his arms.




The sun is setting out my window right now and I have been listening to Glory and Honor acappella on repeat tonight. I am really missing praise and worship back home and this song is so extra beautiful to me. I decided to read the lyrics..

When I’m there with You in heaven
What a wondrous joy will be
Gathered with the angel chorus
Standing by the glassy sea
Such a thought is hard to fathom
In the presence of my King
And with countless ones forgiven
Gathered round the throne to sing

Chorus:
Glory and honor, worthy is the Lamb (worthy is the Lamb)
Glory and honor, worthy is the Lamb (worthy is the Lamb)

Mortal words cannot express it
All the ways You reign supreme
Even death can’t hold the vastness
Nor approach this awesome theme
You are God and to Your glory
We will worship and abide
In Your presence there forever
We’ll be happy to reside

…Gathered round the throne to sing… In Your presence there forever we’ll be happy to reside..
One day, I will be singing praises to the King with my brothers and sisters from all over the world.. My family from City of children, from Tennessee, from Florida, from Nicaragua, from the Ukraine.. All together singing to OUR Maker. Forever. 

This week went great. Valentines deliveries were awesome. I loved finally getting to hug on my little ones from over the fence. First week of school was a success. And all the new milestones just made everything more real. Our spanish teacher will no longer speak english to us. I have a week and a half until we start getting visitors. etc. Praise.

The rest of my details of this week will come in picture. After all, they do speak a thousand words.. 

RIP Norvin Parrales. We will miss you, but see you soon. 


Here is a sweet Valentines baby for ya :)


 <3 Happy Valentines day <3


Finally got to hold my neighbor Ricardo. He likes me.. I swear. (ps look at that sweet little bottom ha.)


My girl Adiana showing me around the village to give out valentines


Precious baby 
Check out this sweet baby chunk!
They loved their lolly-pops.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.


Happy to be reunited with these sweet sweet faces. The boy on the left is Jonathan (my neighbor) you have already seen a few pictures of him. To the right is Jesse, he is Yaders son. Yader is our translator and in charge of the construction around the house and school. He is a life saver.

Getting checked for Lice.


Sweet baby Brian wanted his Madre.
Some of these pictures will make you sad.. It was the first day of Preschool.. Most of these children have never been away from their mommys. But don't worry.. It is now monday.. and they are as happy as ever.


Wait till you see his SMILE. 
We both miss our mamas


Some of the happier preschoolers.


Sweet little Emily cried so hard she passed out on me.


Wilber and Jonathan.. my favorite brothers who live next door and go to NCS!


This is the one and only Cheeks.. Every time I see this sweet face I can't help but to smile.
This is my sweet Rosita.. She holds a dear place in my heart. My family supports her and she is the most precious girl.


Jonathan :) 


 Rosita wanted to take pictures of us so we made funny faces for her!


Unlike the 3 year olds.. Rosita did NOT want to leave me. She is my sweet little angel.

We Love Jonathan!!


American food makes for a Happy girl. Thursday we went to Managua to go to a place called "Pricesmart" which is a lot like Sams or Costco. Glorious. We also took a pit stop by the mall for some lunch!
Happy am I.


The children cleaning up trash around the school


some handsome little fellas getting ready to brush their teeth.


Pretty teeth thanks to our supporters back in the US!


Hi, We are the pre-school girls and we miss our mommys. 


Hi, we are the preschool boys and we like to cause ruckus. It is a good thing we are cute.  
Bathroom line! 


This is the first smile I have caught from this little girl in 3 days.. She really misses her family. But my goodness, isn't she beautiful?


This is happy Emily.. She is over crying on my shoulder.. Not going to lie, I miss it already. But she likes to hold my hand everywhere she goes.. So it works :)


Creative little one.. Feeding her pet caterpillar a crayon. 


Hermanos.


Serious black eye. Seeing these frequently and it has only been a week.. 
Pleas keep these little ones in your prayers.. 
“Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”
Mark 9:37
God is so good.
worthy is the Lamb.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Summer they are absolutely precious. You are so lucky to be spending time doing this.

Unknown said...

Summ....I love reading this blog every time. You are doing great things and I cant wait to come visit in a few days! You are such a blessing to those people!