.

.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

preparación


I am blown away by what God is doing in my life, about where I am about to be, and about the privilege I have been given. I can not think of anywhere I would rather be than surrounded by the loving faces of the sweet children in Leon, Nicaragua. It is finally beginning to feel like a reality.. I am MOVING to Nicaragua in 8 DAYS!

Although I do not have all the money I need for two years, it is quickly coming and I am amazed at how many people are willing to help. I am seeing daily that this is where God wants me.

I have so many emotions right now.. Scared, anxious, nervous, excited, undeserving, blessed.. But most of all HONORED. God wants to take me on this journey, that he wants to use me as his tool to bring light to these sweet faces. To show these sweet babies God's unconditional love.



There is nothing I want to do more.
I ask for prayers as I start this journey. My desire is to be in the word all the time because I let so many things distract me. I want to pray away any home-sickness or fear that I may have in the next few weeks because I want to be as affective as possible and have nothing stand in my way. And I want prayers for my family as they adjust to me being many miles away. 
I am so thankful for a wonderful supportive Christian family. Thank you for all the different ways you have encouraged and supported me. I am ready to get this adventure started. 

If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." -Psalm 139:9-10
Commit yourself to the Lord and your plans will succeed- Proverbs 16:3

Peace and Blessings, peace and blessings



Nicaraguachristian.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So proud of you, Sum! While I will miss you while you're gone, I'm so excited for your journey. God's got big plans for you and I'm so blessed to be able to watch them unfold. You'll be in my prayers...and on my wrist :)