.

.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

For such a time as this..

I have spent most of my life searching. Searching for something that has been right in front of me the whole time. I have have had a desire to do missions since I was a child and have had a passion for working with children. My heart was touched and greatly blessed in the fall of 2009 when I spent a week in Nicaragua. Ever since that trip I have felt God pulling me back there. All these things have led me back to what I have been taught everyday of my life: God's Love. Now that I am done with school, I am preparing to give love and share the hope we have in Jesus to the beautiful people of Leon, Nicaragua.


This blog will be used to update everyone on my journey in Leon, Nicaragua where I will be living for the next few years working at the Nicaragua Christian School and churches. My original plan was to leave in September but I am now waiting until my home is finished. I will be leaving around the second week of January and am getting very excited and anxious. Though I am not much of a writer, I hope my posts can keep you informed on my adventure. 

Please pray that God will use me.

"We may not be able to see God, but when we love one another, He lives in us an His love is made complete in us... We love, because He loved us FIRST." 1 John 4

We have not come into the world to be numbered; we have been created for a purpose; for great things: to love and be loved.” - Mother Teresa

Who knows whether you have come here for such a time as this." - Esther 4:14

3 comments:

hickmomof4 said...

I am so excited to follow you in this grand adventure. I truly love and say often the verse you used from Esther and probably should sit still and let God make it true for me even more often. I am proud of you for following HIS lead in your life. I know HE will bless you. Love you cuz, Heather

Unknown said...

Summer, please take care! I am so excited for you. I know the Lord will watch over you in this work. I will pray for your work there.

hickmomof4 said...

My family, especially my older 2 boys, will be watching and reading intently to learn all we can and support your work.