.

.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

love

What an eventful 5 days it has been…

January 20 has come and gone in a flash and things are moving so quickly I can’t get my mind around them. I feel so blessed the more that I come to the realization of what God has chosen for me to do.

Some fun experiences I have had in these first few days:
Driving in Nicaragua, reuniting with my dear friends, furniture/appliance shopping, seeing my new home for the next few years, waiting in line for hours to accomplish nothing at immigration, going to the doctor for $12, purchasing an 8 digit Nicaraguan cell phone, sleepless because of cha-cha music at our hotel, loud geckos, Church in Espanol, seeing lots of babies, jumping in a pool while you are all in snow J and so on.

Today has been eventful. We started by going to the house and cleaning hard for about 4 hours. We came back for lunch and then later went back to town with Xiomara for some more appliance shopping. As we came near the supermarket there was a elderly blind woman I have noticed every day sitting outside begging, but today when I saw her sitting there I noticed she was eating something out of a small red wrapper and a little boy was there begging HER for something to eat and so she gave him her other one. They were both eating a little fast food wrapper of ketchup. It is crazy to think how wasteful and ungrateful we are and this sweet hungry old woman shared the only thing she had left, a packet of ketchup.

Needless to say that tore me up a little.
After I turned from this and we were walking back to the car we passed a man holding a sweet baby (maybe a year old) that had a huge (did not look accidental) black eye. Those that know me know how I feel about babies and that was without a doubt one of the most heart wrenching things I think I will ever see.

Things are different here than what I am used to. That is one thing I know for sure. But I also know that God wants me here and I am here for a reason. What exactly that reason may be, I don’t know. But I can’t wait to see what it is he wants to do through me.

Lord willing, we will be moving in tomorrow. If this is the case, I will not have much Internet access for a while so I will try to keep everyone updated as much as possible. God bless and here are some photos from mi casa, I will be living on the left half of this building.




View from my front porch 



                                               View from my window

Te Amo.


4 comments:

Lori Lincoln Grizzell said...

Thanks my love. Su casa es hermosa!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth said...

Summer, We are following this journey you are on (via this blog). Praying for you. Praying that your heart breaks for what breaks His, that your eyes see as He sees and that you remain filled with joy in every circumstance you find yourself in. You are a beautiful thing, Summer Grizzell! We love you.
Brent and Elizabeth

Jonathan said...

A friend gave sent me your blog. I just want to tell you that you have people praying for you all over, some you've never met, or perhaps never will.

Blessings to you, as you begin this new journey in life. Praying for safety, wisdom and prosperity..