.

.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Move-in week



It has been a very busy week. I could not be more blessed to have such great living quarters while I am down here. It is so beautiful. Precious children and pretty trees surround me. It’s me and God, not many lonely feelings or fear when you have him. I couldn’t be in a happier place.

I haven’t gotten really homesick yet so I am hoping to skip that phase J Please pray about that.
This week has consisted of cleaning, shopping for appliances, cleaning, shopping for appliances, cleaning, shopping for appliances, cleaning, going back to the appliances stores to ask where our purchases are, cleaning, going back to the store and asking again.. Nicaraguan pace is a lot different than American. 3 o clock means 4:30, Delivery on Wednesday morning means Friday night… And so on. Patience is a virtue right? We are learning that lesson in big doses right now.

I feel like squishing bugs is becoming quite a talent of mine. Oh, and I woke up to a Gecko in my room last night around 2 am. Don't know if you have ever heard a gecko but they sound like a cow giving birth. I chased it around the house for about 30 minutes. 

At night the village across the street sings karaoke, I sat outside and listened tonight. Very entertaining.
Yesterday morning we went to the beach for Jaden’s birthday. He turned 8. Jaden is the son of the family who is also down here in Nicaragua with me. The beach is my favorite place in the first place, but after seeing these beaches… wow I am blown away. It is SO beautiful and is definitely going to be my favorite getaway spot while I am here.

Everyday is a fun adventure and it is just going to get better. Can’t wait to see what God has in store.

Tonight we ordered pizza at the Brackens and had the Cunningham’s, Kristen Kirby, Cinthya, and Xiomara. It was great spending time with friends here and getting to know other missionaries!
-Kyleen and Scott Cunningham have two precious little girls and have been living in Leon the past 2 months while Scott takes Spanish school. They are working with Food For the Hungry and are moving to Chinandega, Nicaragua tomorrow!
-Kristen Kirby is the new director at El Ayudante.
-Xiomara is the director here at Nicaragua Christian school and Cinthya is her sister and one of my dear friends.

Monday I start Spanish school! Everyone at the house tonight was able to speak pretty good Spanish except for the Brackens and myself. It is time for us to start catching up. I am really looking forward to learning and being able to communicate.

Here are some pictures from this week! 

                                            Friends I made at the market

                                  A little boy in the market was begging for food
My neighborhood boys playing baseball!

Sweet birthday boy Jaden :)


                                                Be still and know that I AM GOD.
You are treasured. You are sacred. You are his. 

beautiful Poneloya beach 


This is my sweet baby Ricardo. He lives beside us. 
Our "Lawnmowers"

Next door neighbors that I love

This is my neighbor, Jonathan. Every morning when I go outside he is reaching through the fence saying"hola, Summer, hola!!


Thank you for following me on this journey. Te amo.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Summer what an amazing experience. Those kids are just precious and the beach...words cannot express. I wish I could do the things you are doing. Enjoy!

Kathryn Campbell said...

Oh and I forgot. I want all the babies. especially the one with only shoes and a diaper on.

Unknown said...

Such beautiful children! Jonathen is precious! What a great hello each morning! Hope you catch on to the language quickly. I'm sure you will. Your dad spent two days at our house planning his sermons for the year. I think he accomplished a lot. He misses you terribly ,but he is so proud of you.I am too. LoL

Becky W said...

I am so excited for you! I know God is going to do AMAZING things through you and I can't wait to follow you on this journey! Know we will all miss seeing you - esp. Carter!!!! We do love you and are adding you to our prayer list!