.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why am I here?

Though having the opportunity to live in Nicaragua has been one of the greatest blessings in my life, I still get home sick from time to time. This is one of those times and times like these are when I have to remind myself why it is that I am here. There are so many reasons but here are a few that I feel need mentioning. 

I love living in Leon, Nicaragua because.. 

I get to see things like this.. 
(weird.funny.cute)
and this..
I love new friends.
 I love the way a little tan hand fits in mine.
 I love kisses
I love hugs
 I love seeing what God can do for children in need.
 I love seeing this face.. 
 Turn in to this one.
 I love their eagerness to learn and know more about the God who loves them so.
 I love my girls class. 
 I love teaching english to little ones who want to learn.
I love cheeks.
I love moments like these. 
I love this family.. and so many more.
I love playing dress up.
 I love that joy joy joy joy down in their hearts.
because I learn how to be grateful for what I have.
and I even like getting lice.. If it means I get love like this. 

Thank you God for the children that will forever impact my life. They are such a blessing and I have learned so much just from watching them. Please help me humble myself like a child. Help me be a positive example to them each day. And when I need a reminder of why I am here, let it come from looking in to the eyes of a child. Thank you for their hearts, thank you for their joy, and thank you for what you plan to do in their lives. Help me to love unconditionally. I want to be clay in your hands. Use me. Amen.



1 comment:

kelley and alex said...

i love it all! so proud of you summaaaa!! seriously though! youre awesome and brave and inspiring