.

.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Surround us, Lord.


Taking a stroll through the village with some of my beloveds.

My dear friend Cinthya graduated from college last saturday! So proud of her.

This is the Perez family. I love every second I get to spend with them and look forward to our friendship growing over the next two years and many more.

Last Sunday I got to see my first baptism in Nicaragua. It was a great experience. 

One of my favorite past times at NCS. Brushing our teeth. 

Rosita decided she liked her dress so much she didn't have to wear her uniform to school!

A day at Milavf with my friend Cinthya. She volunteers there and works with the children in the afternoons. We made piñatas!

New table from my Aunt. It is starting to look more like a home!

This is one of my most prized posessions that I brought with me to Nicaragua. My best friends from school made me this before I left. It is pictures we took the day before graduation and a note from each of them. Makes me smile every time I look at it. 

A photo taken by my new friend Kevin. Just captures an idea of the kind of love Rosita and I have for each other :) 

"We are the 3 year olds. We own this school."

Some of our students that I go visit in the village often. 
I love their love. 

My first sunday of teaching at our new church. I had 21 children!

Victoria is always looking for the camera ;)
Happy first Sunday at Nicaragua Christian School Church of Christ (not sure if that is going to be the real name yet). :) What a great day
.
As you can see, things are going great here. I am so thankful for the opportunities God is laying in front of me. 

Our first church service went great! I taught the children about creation. It was most likely the first time most of them had ever been to church. So glad I could be a part of it. I want to ask for prayers on behalf of these children: that they will come to know God in all his greatness, and that God will use me to teach them. 
As the children were leaving today, I walked 6 of them home. They told me they really enjoyed class, and they asked when I would do it again. I said, "Church?" And they said, "yes, when can we come back?" I was excited to tell them they can come back every Sunday at 10! All of them turned and looked up at me with beaming faces, and one of them said, "REALLY?" I said yes, again. They squealed and grinned the rest of the way home. When we got there, they had forgotten that I would see them at school tomorrow, and they said, "SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY!" :) 
Thank you, God, for reassuring me time and time again that I am exactly where I am suppose to be. 

This week has been very exciting. Outside of being able to teach the children's Bible class, I start tutoring 9 children for an hour and a half on Monday. I am so excited and look forward to the opportunity. I am thankful that Xiomara has entrusted me with this and hope to see these children's studies improve tremendously and quickly. Also, during my meeting with Xiomara, we discussed me starting my English classes soon. I will be teaching the 4 and 5 year old classes two times a week, and 1st grade once a week. In the afternoons, I will be offering an English class for the older children as well. I can't wait to get started with this project. When these children have an education AND are able to speak some English, it will make such a difference in their futures- especially when they start trying to find work. 

This week marks another week that we have not received our internet. Siempre Manaña. 
It will ALWAYS be "tomorrow." This week mosquito season started as well. I will not welcome this; I will fight back. May is suppose to be the beginning of rainy season (boo). Sunshine, I love you dearly. 


Thankful for God's grace and mercy and for the plans that he has for each and everyone of these beautiful hearts. Praying for God's work to be done and for my eyes to be open to his will.

And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.
Mark 10:13-16

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Summer...I love reading your blog and I think what you are doing is AMAZING! BTW, this is Addie's mom...Eden's flower girl!