.

.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Holding hands all the way..

So many of my favorite people surrounded me this week.

David, Tim, John, and Marie left Wednesday. I hated to see them go. It was a great couple of days. John built shelves and worked on our Internet, which was an awesome plus. Marie is such a sweet Christian young lady and really made a big impact on these children. They did not want to let go of her for a week and they loved making crafts with her. The children are already asking when she will be back. Of course, David and Tim are always awesome but so busy when they come down here. I wish I could have sat at their feet all week and just soaked in all their Nicaragua Christian school and Nicaragua (in general) knowledge.

Lindsey and Kristen were here from Friday to Friday and let me just tell you; it was incredible having two very dear friends by my side. What an adventure we have had. I am so happy they were able to experience so much. They really got to know my babies here and they are going to be missed so much.
Saturday, when everyone was in town, we went to a village about two hours away that one of our preacher’s lives and works. This village is very remote and far away from any other civilization. The village is made up of about 8 large families. The church has about 15 adult members and 40 children who come. It was such a blessing to be able to visit them. We brought ice cream. It was the first time they had had ice cream and the first time that most of them had ever seen or had an ice-cube. They came back for seconds and thirds. We stayed around to get a tour of where all their homes were and of their school. Then we played soccer with them for about an hour and a half while David met with the preacher. It was an incredible experience that I will never forget. God is so good. I am so thankful that we could interact with these people and I can’t wait to return.

During the beginning of the week I got to show everyone around the school. In the afternoons we went around the village and visited with the families and played with the children. It was so wonderful to see all their smiling faces running down the street yelling out our names.. At every corner a new child from our school would pop out of their house and say hello to us. Who knew I had so many of our school children as neighbors? Couldn’t make me happier. The day I found my sweet Rosita’s (the girl my family sponsors) house was my favorite. No one makes me feel more needed in this world than she does. She wants to be around me every second. She holds me, and smiles at me constantly. Her sweet little dirty hands are always touching my face trying to get me to smile as big as I can so she can laugh. She wants to hold hands and skip, tickle me, say English words, whatever she can to make me happy. Of course she doesn’t have to do anything at all. She is my angel and has my heart. She cries her little eyes out every day when I leave and I can’t wait to get back to her side the next day.  She is also one of the poorest children in our whole school and is one of the only ones who does not beg me to buy them something every time they see me. She just wants to be with me, and feel loved, which is fine by me. J Each one of these children has already changed my life so much. I wish I could bring every one of them home with me in June for my visit. Thank you Jesus for this incredible adventure.

This week we also hired a new preacher for the church that we will have at the school. This family is so awesome and I cannot wait to start working with them. I have been taking him and his family around to the different houses of our children this week. I cannot wait to have a church close enough to get all my sweet ones to attend. It is going to be so wonderful to have them their with me, learning about Jesus.
Wednesday: Lindsey, Kristen and I hiked Cerro Negro volcano and boarded back down it. It was an awesome experience. I can’t wait to do it again. We did it through Bigfoot hostal and we got transportation to and from, a t-shirt, bumper stickers, a free meal, AND a nights stay at the hostal. It was a very fun day. I was so tired from the day on the volcano I didn’t even think twice about how clean my sheets were at the hostal. The pizza there is awesome, and everyone that stayed there spoke a different language. Unfortunately, most of them could also speak ours so we lost some cool points for that. I am so glad my girls could be with me to do this. It was such a fun day.

We bought hammocks this week. I have loved being able to read and look at the moon. We also bought $1 rope to hold up the hammock. Bad idea. I took a nice tumble in my church dress today. Note to self: when buying rope to hold your entire body above ground, don’t be cheap.

Apparently we got hit by a Tsunami on Thursday from Japan's earthquake. But as far as I know, no one got injured. Praise for that.

Thankful for the awesome people who were here with me this week, they made such a difference in the short time they were here. I can’t wait till they can all return!

We have a lot of new ideas and things going on here that we are getting really excited about. God is really working. I wish I could fast forward to when the school was done and the church was filled with all those sweet faces. But I know seeing God work in the next two years will make it worth the wait.
Please keep praying for the work down here. God is moving. I pray that I can impact these children as much as they are impacting me.

Te amo,
Verano

No comments: